If your student has gone through New Student Orientation (NSO) and has met with their student success coordinator to create a registered fall schedule, congratulations, they are officially a Mountaineer! (If not, feel free to reach out to us so we can make sure they’re on their way.)
To make sure that your student stays on track and to make the journey from high school to university life even smoother before move-in day, here are some tips to remind your student to be aware of this summer:
- Check their assigned WVU Mix account weekly (or more often), and delete unimportant emails.
- Make sure that log-in information is up to date and that DUO token, or text prompts are working correctly. If there are any issues with logging into WVU Portal, or other secured websites, contact WVU ITS.
- Get ID photo submitted, so ID is ready on move-in day. Directions and link to submission site are available here.
- Check out the free or discounted software that is available to WVU students and download what is needed.
- Look up the fall schedule via WVU STAR and take a virtual “walk” through the schedule via Google Maps.
- Sign up for a Handshake account for job opportunities and future networking.
- Prepare your move-in checklist and plan for that busy day.
- Keep in contact with your Student Success Coordinators for any academic questions. A Student Success Coordinator will be assigned to serve as their advisor before classes begin in the fall students. During the transition period over the summer, you or your student can contact CAHSinfo@mail.wvu.edu for assistance.