Telephone conferencing is available for many buildings at WVU. Read below to learn how to place a conference call using a voice over internet protocol (VoIP) phone system.
How do I place a conference call?
- Place the initial call.
- Press the Softkey located directly below the word more until Confrn is visible.
Press Confrn. The caller is automatically on hold and a new line is opened.
- Dial the new party.
- After the call is answered, press the Confrn Softkey again. This will add the second party to the call.
- Repeat steps 2-4 to access more participants to the conference call.
Note: When the initiator of the conference call disconnects, the call is terminated. If the hold button is used by the initiator, the other parties cannot talk to each other. Use the Mute button in order to avoid disrupting other callers.
Note: You may add up to seven people to your conference call for a total of eight conferences. A conference account is required for more than eight participants.
Conference account information
- Name, phone number and funding are needed to request or reactivate an account. Accounts are requested through the ITS Service Desk.
- Account is charged only if used.
- The cost is $0.08 per minute per caller.
- It takes 48 hours to receive a new account and 24 hours to reactivate account.