When calling another number from a Cisco IP phone, you need to follow different dialing formats, depending on the location of the receiver.
To look up a student or a fellow employee’s phone number or email address, visit the WVU Online Directory at directory.wvu.edu.
Dialing instructions for Morgantown Campus faculty and staff
To reach the numbers listed below from Cisco IP Phones, follow these formats:
- WVU number that begins with 293: Dial 3 + the last four digits of the number.
- WVU numbers with a 581 exchange: dial 1 + the last four digits.
- Local calls outside WVU: Dial 9 + 304 + the seven-digit number.
- Long-distance within the U.S. and most parts of Canada: Dial 8 + area code + the seven digit number.
- Toll-free numbers: Dial 9 + 1 + 8xx + the seven digit number.
- University Operator: Dial “0” from a University phone or 304-293-0111 from outside the University.
- International calls: You will need a Telephone Identification Number (TID) or Calling Card before making a business-related international call. If you already have a TID/Calling Card, dial 8 + 011 + country code + city code + telephone number + your TID. You can search for country and city codes at business.att.com/bt/access.