This information is being provided to all students returning to WVU and have been placed on academic probation. Students who achieved below a 2.0 overall GPA in Fall 2021 have been placed on academic probation and must participate in Mid-Year Academy. Mid-Year Academy (MYA) is designed to assist you achieve academic success this spring so that you are empowered to work toward improving your GPA and eventually removing your academic probation status.
All the required MYA activities discussed below need to be completed by the time classes start on Monday, January 10.
Please note that if you have been processed to change your major to something outside the College of Applied Human Sciences (CAHS), your Mid-Year Academy will be with that college and you should contact that specific college for their required next steps. If you have not yet been processed for a major change, then you must complete the MYA activities for CAHS. If you are unsure of your major change status, or if you are not returning to WVU in the spring, please contact CAHSinfo@mail.wvu.edu.
Required activities for Mid-Year Academy Students
As a first-year student attending Mid-Year Academy, you MUST complete the following required activities:
WVU Mid-Year Academy Requirements
- Review the 5-minute Opening University Welcome Video found at: https://firstyearexperience.wvu.edu/mid-year-academy
- Complete the 10-minute Student Lingo ‘Success Strategies for Probation Students”. This video can be found at the above web site.
CAHS Mid-Year Academy Requirements
- Complete the CAHS Mid-Year Academy online module. This should take about 30 minutes. This can be found at: https://wvu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0vtOQVY5moGYXS5
- Meet with an academic advisor representative to review your spring schedule during the week of January 3. Meetings can take place over the phone or via Zoom. Someone from CAHS will contact you to schedule this appointment. This meeting is so you can discuss next steps related to academic probation and address important questions such as: Does your schedule need to be amended? Do you need to take less classes than you registered for? Do you need to repeat courses under the University’s D/F repeat policy?
- Schedule a meeting with a Student Success Coach. More details about Student Success Coaching will be in the CAHS MYA Learning Module. You will schedule this appointment during your academic advisor meeting listed above.
- Complete a CCA Student Success Contract. You will work with your academic advisor to complete and digitally sign this contract.
For further information or if you have questions, please contact CAHSinfo@mail.wvu.edu
If you have specific financial aid questions, please contact the Mountaineer Hub at 304-293-1988.