Brent Oja, Ph.D.
- Research emphasis on sport employee human resource management and development via positive organizational behavior
- Published in Journal of Sport Management, Sport Management Review and European Sport Management Quarterly
- Presented research at international and national conferences
- PhD, Education, Specialization in Sport Management, University of Kansas
- MS, Sport Management, West Virginia University
- BS, Sport Studies, Emphasis in Sport Management, University of Minnesota
- BA, History, University of Minnesota
- Positive Organizational Behavior
- Human Resource Development
- Human Resource Management
- Psychological Capital
Dr. Oja is a life-long sports fan and places a great value on education with two parents who were successful high school coaches and teachers. Before becoming a professor, Oja was a sport employee for seven years. While attending the University of Minnesota, he was a student equipment manager for the football team.
This exposure opened professional opportunities within sport organizations such as Colorado State University, Iowa State University, University of Virginia, University of Colorado, University of Kansas and the San Francisco 49ers.
Oja's continuing sport expertise shaped his research agenda, informed his data collection procedures and enabled a practical approach within the classroom. In his spare time, Oja enjoys hiking, biking, cooking and reading.