Ashley Martucci, Ed.D.
Director of the WVU Nursery School
Service Associate Professor
- Presented at the National Association of Early Childhood Educators (NAECTE) on creating opportunities for visible teacher reflection in virtual settings
- Reviewer for NAECTE fall and summer conferences
- 2023 Leadership WV class
- EdD, Education in Curriculum & Instruction and early childhood education, West Virginia University
- MA, Education with a concentration in early childhood education, James Madison University
- BS, Family Studies & Consumer Sciences, West Virginia University
- Laddie Bell Award for Service
- WVU Board of Governors
Committees and Memberships
As an instructor in the School of Education, Dr. Ashley Martucci teaches Promoting Creative Expression in the Early Childhood and Elementary Classroom, Instructional Design, Context of Education and Classroom Management. Prior to teaching at WVU, she taught pre-k, Head Start and worked as a social worker for Early Head Start. Dr. Martucci obtained her bachelor's degree, Magna cum Laude, in Family Studies and Consumer Sciences and her master's in Education with a concentration in early childhood education from James Madison University. She earned her doctorate in Education in curriculum and Instruction and early childhood education from West Virginia University. Dr. Martucci's research interests include meaningful arts integration in the classroom setting, early childhood education on a global perspective and the variety of perspectives and influences on education.