Justin Wartella, PhD
Teaching Assistant Professor
- Pennsylvania State Athletic Directors Association (PSADA)
- Former Sport Management Liaison and Executive Council Member
- Pennsylvania State University (PSU) Summer Study Program
- Coordinator and Instructor of the Sports Marketing Workshop and Internship
- Super Bowl XLIX - Event Staff Supervisor
- 2017 College Football National Championship Game - Event Staff Supervisor
- PhD, Athletic Administration, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- MEd, Sport Management, Millersville University (Pa.)
- BS, Pennsylvania State University
Dr. Justin Wartella came to WVU from University of Missouri (Mizzou) where he served as an assistant teaching professor of Sport Management beginning in 2017. Prior to Mizzou, he was a professor at Lock Haven University in Pennsylvania. Prior to LHU, he held positions at two institutions in The Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) and served as a teaching assistant for the Department of Sports Education and Leadership at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. At Millersville University, he gained experience working in higher education as a graduate assistant for the Department of Campus Recreation which included the coordination and management of all intramural, club sports, outdoor recreation opportunities and extracurricular programming for the university.
Upon completion of his master’s degree in Sport Management, he acquired his first professional position at Mansfield University, where he served as director of the Kelchner Fitness Center. While at UNLV, Wartella served as assistant coordinator of the Physical Activity Program (PEX) and taught courses in the Athletic Administration and Coaching Education curriculum and coaching intern supervision. As a graduate student at UNLV he served as a student staff member with the UNLV Intercollegiate Division I athletic department.
Wartella has experience at the interscholastic and youth athletic levels through the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association and Nevada Interscholastic Athletic Association. He worked at the IMG Sports Academy and served as sport management liaison and Executive Council member for the Pennsylvania State Athletic Directors Association.