Gary J. Lhotsky, EdD
Teaching Associate Professor
- Eleven years of professional experience in collegiate athletic facility and event management at Florida State University, Florida International University and the University of Miami.
- Extensive experience planning and hosting NCAA, ACC, Big East, TAAC and FHSA championships.
- EdD, Sport Administration, Florida State University
- MS, Sport Management, Georgia Southern University
- BS, Speech Communications, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Risk management in stadiums and arenas
Dr. Gary Lhotsky is originally from Bridgeport, WV and is proud to be teaching at West Virginia University, in the state that he loves and calls home. He has taught at WVU since the fall of 2016. Lhotsky's athletic facility and event management experience includes time at Florida State University, Florida International University and the University of Miami. He got his first taste of athletic administration when he helped with all aspects of event management of basketball and wrestling events while a football student-athlete at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. Lhotsky has taught full-time in sport management since 2007. He spent one year at East Tennessee State University, two years at Glenville State College in West Virginia and returned to East Tennessee State University in 2010. Lhotsky resides in Bridgeport with his wife, Wanda and their two youngest sons, Nathan and Kaden. Their oldest son, Christopher, is stationed overseas with the United States Air Force. In his spare time, Lhotsky enjoys watching college football, working out, hiking and volunteering at church and with youth sports.