This award honors Andrew Ostrow and is intended for students completing a semester abroad or short faculty-led study abroad experience. Acceptable uses of this award include course tuition and fees, travel, housing, food, and other educational activities related with the study abroad experience.
The deadline to submit an application is January 31, 2023 at 5:00pm.
College of Applied Human Sciences students participating in international experiences sponsored by WVU can apply for this award. WVU sponsored international experiences include:
- WVU semester abroad programs
- Fall semester 2022: a minimum of 14 weeks
- Spring semester 2023: a minimum of 14 weeks
- Summer semester 2023: a minimum of 10 weeks
- 2022-2023 WVU short-term study abroad (five weeks or less)
- A maximum of $1,000 will be distributed each year.
- Applicants to semester abroad programs (10 weeks or more) will receive priority over short-term study abroad programs.
- For semester abroad programs there will be one single award of $1,000.
- If no applications are submitted or awarded to a semester abroad program, the total award will be distributed to up to five applications for short-term study abroad programs (e.g., 2 awards of $500, 3 awards of $300, 4 awards of $250, or 5 awards of $200, etc.).
Use of Funding
- Plane tickets, accommodation abroad, course tuition and fees, cost of visas, meals abroad, and other educational related activities that take place overseas.
- A complete application form.
- 500-word statement that indicates how this international experience will relate to your professional goals. Statements will be evaluated based on the thoroughness of the reply and the quality of the writing.
- Two (2) references from WVU faculty addressing your academic achievements and leadership. References from outside WVU will not be accepted.
- Complete applications must be submitted by Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 5:00pm
- Applications will be open from December 5, 2022 to January 31, 2023.
- Awards will be announced on or around February 15, 2023.
- Degree: Undergraduate
- Major: Available to all full-time CAHS undergraduate students
- GPA: 3.0 cumulative or higher
- Credits: Must have completed a minimum of 15 credits (prior to application).
- First preference will be to support a single student for a semester-long study abroad experience.