School of Sport Sciences
The Physical Activity Instruction program in the School of Sport Sciences serves the entire campus. Working in this capacity, GTAs provide instruction across a range of sport and fitness-related content areas. We offer a full complement of on-campus and online activity courses for the general student population including individual sports, team sports, and lifetime leisure pursuits. As an integral part of our instructional process, technology is integrated through the use of digital activity trackers. The typical workload for GTAs includes teaching a total of 6-credit hours per semester, while also taking part in the graduate level-Teaching Practicum course.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a lead-instructor for physical activity-based courses.
- Supervise undergraduate students in related field placements.
- Interact with WVU undergraduate students from across campus as the face of CAHS.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of on-campus and online course shells.
- Contribute to college and university student success initiatives.
For application instructions, please visit the CPASS graduate assistantships page.