Ann Richards, Ph.D.
- PhD, Special Education, Minor: Higher Education Administration, University of Arizona, 2000
- MS, Special Education, College of New Rochelle, 1992
- BS, Business Administration, Bryant College, 1988
- Outstanding Teacher Award, WVU College of Education and Human Services, 2004
- Heebink Award for Service in West Virginia, West Virginia University, 2007
- Multicategorical special education
- Special education law and policy
- Therapeutic recreation
Dr. Ann Richards earned her master's degree in Special Education from the College of New Rochelle and her PhD in Special Education from the University of Arizona. She joined West Virginia University faculty member in the Department of Special Education at the College of Education and Human Services. Her areas of research expertise/interest include multicategorical special education, special education law and policy, and therapeutic recreation. Dr. Richards was the recipient of the College of Education and Human Services Outstanding Teacher Award in 2004, and the West Virginia University Heebink Award for Service in West Virginia in 2007.