Elite Tournaments is an event management firm based in Howard County, Maryland that specializes in youth soccer and lacrosse tournaments. They recently partnered with the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) to manage all of their women’s lacrosse recruiting showcase events throughout the year. This paid internship would have a heavy focus in lacrosse operations, helping our full-time staff prepare for and navigate the summer IWLCA events.
May 1st, 2022
The Event Operations Intern will assist the Director of Lacrosse, VP of Event Operations, and the Event Operations Manager with the preparation and execution of Elite Tournaments events with a direct focus on operations for the IWLCA recruiting events series during the summer of 2022 (Full event list below). This position encompasses a wide variety of planning and management responsibilities while maintaining a high level of customer service through the progression and completion of these events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide on-site event and venue management during all IWLCA Recruiting Tournament Series events and additional clinics if applicable.
- Evaluate equipment both prior and post event to ensure the items are in proper working condition while keeping an updated inventory throughout the summer.
- Assist in the development and management of equipment distribution plans for field and site set-up.
- Develop and implement equipment breakdown methods to maximize efficiency on-site.
- Procure equipment and supplies needed to conduct event.
- Assist in the packing and preparation of all event equipment.
- Assist with the coordination of all college coach hospitality needs to include setup, food, and snacks.
- Prepare and distribute materials for site coordinator and field marshal binders.
- Extensive knowledge of sports and particularly the youth lacrosse and soccer communities and demographic within in the United States.
- Superior oral and written communications skills.
- Effective organizational skills for management of multiple tasks.
- Obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management or a related discipline.
- Experience in operations of sporting events, leagues, facilities, and/or professional teams
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work weekends, irregular hours, and travel as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Reliable transportation.
- Employment contingent upon successful completion of a background check