School of Sport Sciences
The Physical Education and Kinesiology undergraduate degree program within the School of Sport Sciences serves students looking for coursework and educational experiences within physical education and sport. Teaching Assistants will work with undergraduate students and help them to be successful in our accredited program which focuses on meeting the needs of edTPA. The edTPA teacher preparation program is a performance-based, subject specific assessment and support system, which is used throughout the United States. The graduate teaching assistantship positions typically have a workload of teaching 6-credits undergraduate courses, while also taking part in the graduate level-Teaching Practicum course. Being a GTA is a great professional development opportunity for future scholars and professionals within the field of Physical Education and Kinesiology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the lead-instructor for pedagogical content knowledge, basic instruction program, and methods courses.
- Supervise undergraduate students in adapted physical education program, basic instruction program, pre-service teaching field placements, and student teaching.
- Interact with WVU undergraduate students as the face of the field of Physical Education and Kinesiology.
- Contribute to the growth and development of our undergraduate program, while providing instruction to the greater WVU community.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of online course shells.
- Take part in recruitment and retention of CAHS students.
For application instructions, please visit the CPASS graduate assistantships page.