School of Sport Sciences
Two graduate assistant positions are funded by a grant from the USDA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-ED) to implement the WV CARDIAC Project throughout West Virginia. The project is a school-based health initiative that includes health screenings in grades K, 2, and 5 in elementary schools in 25+ counties, and implementing physical activity and nutrition interventional strategies in those schools and throughout the state. These GAs will support the health screening and intervention efforts on the grant. The duties associated with one position primarily focuses on data acquisition, data management, reporting, and communication. The other position primarily works with developing, implementing, and evaluating nutrition and physical activity interventional strategies in schools and communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and delivery of web-based programs and resources for schools and communities.
- Take part is school health screenings and school workshops, as needed.
- Assist in the management of data, including school approval, data collection, data entry, reporting results, and other database management tasks as needed.
- Assist with communication tasks associated with the Project, including social media posts, website updates, and verbal communication with the CARDIAC Team and health educators, principals, teachers, and parents.
- Contribute to the growth and implementation of the CARDIAC Project across West Virginia.