School of Sport Sciences
Our undergraduate degree program in Coaching and Performance Science within the School of Sport Sciences serves students looking for coursework and educational experiences within our field. GTA's will teach various undergraduate courses in Coaching and Performance Science/Athletic Coaching Education, including 200 - 400 major and minor courses, sport activity courses, and practicum/internship course. The typical workload for Graduate teaching assistantship positions includes teaching a total of 6-credit hours per semester, while also taking part in the graduate level-Teaching Practicum course. These GTAs are an excellent professional development opportunity for future scholars and professionals within the field of Coaching and Performance Science and serving CAHS as a whole.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the lead instructor for Athletic Coaching Education (ACE) undergraduate courses within the Coaching and Performance Science major and minor. Responsibilities will include developing teaching materials, leading class discussions, grading assessments such as exams, quizzes, assignments, and maintaining an electronic grade book.
- Interact with WVU undergraduate students in a supportive and professional role.
- Contribute to our undergraduate program's growth and development while providing instruction to the greater WVU community.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of online course shells.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of CAHS students, including submitting early alerts for students missing classes, performing poorly on assessments part in the recruitment and retention of CAHS students.
For application instructions, please visit the CAHS graduate assistantships page.